Please sign in to post.

Trip to Portugal

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Lisbon for under $100, including breakfast? Also, do you have any other recommendations for a week in Portugal? We like to visit old towns and castles and wonder about good accommodation recommendations. Also, are there any discount tickets for enterance fees or public transportation in Lisbon?

Posted by
71 posts

We just returned from a week in Portugal. In Lisbon we stayed in a wonderful hotel but it was fairly expensive., If you want to spend some time in the country look into the Manor Houses. We stayed at a Manor House near Ponte de Lima for 80 euros a night including breakfast. The Manor House was beautiful and we shared it with only one other couple. We loved both Lisbon and Porto but I felt staying near the small towns in the Minho was really special. There are Manor houses all over Portugal and I believe they are pretty reasonable.

Rick

Posted by
24 posts

Hi Carol,
We just spent 2 weeks in Spain & Portugal. We spent one day in Sintra, just outside of Lisbon. The Sintra Castle was unbelievable!!Do get the audio guide and go through the inside of the castle. It gets pretty crowded, so get there early. This was the highlight of our time spent in Lisbon. Obibos is also worth going to. It is a walled city around a castle, also not far north of Lisbon.Gabriella

Posted by
4 posts

Hi Carol,
Did you find a good hotel in Lisbon for under $100 including breakfast. My husband and I will be there in mid-November and are looking for accommodations. Any other suggestions for us?

Thanks, Bev