Please sign in to post.

Trip to Germany

We are planning a trip to Germany this year with our 15 year old son who is in a wheel chair, we will be renting a van to transport him. What Itenerary would anyone suggest, we are thinking Berlin, Munich, the castles and the manybe adding Prague and Salzburg. Any recommendations on trip Itenerary, hotels, and duration would be appreciated.

Posted by
12040 posts

How much time do you have? When you say "the castles", do you mean the famous two near Füssen or any of the hundreds of castles scattered throughout Germany in general? My initial impression is that you've picked 4 points that aren't very close to each other, and having a rental van in any of those cities will not be a pleasant experience, even with a wheel chair.

Posted by
1483 posts

I agree with Tom about your points of interest being perhaps too wide spread. With a van, there are hundreds of beautiful places to see in the vicinity of Munich and Salzburg. A few: - The Salzkammergut lake/mountain region near Salzburg. - Regensburg for a moderate sized town, a UNESCO world heritage site for its medieval buildings. -Otterbeuren Abbey near Memmingen. I am sure that others could suggest sights near Berlin.