Please sign in to post.

Traveling to Spain in Aug 2007

My wife and I will be going to Spain in Aug 2007. Will be arriving in Rota (Space A.) Where do you recommend to go see there in Rota and anywhere else in Spain? Would like to travel to Switzerland, Would that be affordable by train? Hope to be in Europe about 10-12 days

Posted by
15 posts

because you're already in andalucia, i'd go to cordoba and sevilla, for larger cities. i've also heard wonderful things about cadiz, which will be closer to Rota. as for switzerland, by train, it would run you at least 150-200 euros, and would take a few days, because there really isnt a good direct route - you'd have to go through paris. flights to geneva, however, can be as little at 30-40 euros, through easyjet or ryan air. lagunair also goes there, but has far fewer options. i'd recommend flying, 100%.

Posted by
8 posts

If your gonna limit your stay in Spain to Andalusia, Go to Seville and Granada.....Cordoba would be my 5th or 6th choice for Southern Spain....if you want to spend 5-6 days in Spain, starting from Rota, do the following
-Seville -2 days and then take the AVE to Madrid
- Madrid 3-4 day hotel stay, with a one day train trip to Toledo and a one day sightseeing bus trip to Segovia/Escorial

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Roger

I would definitely recommend Granada as a first choice. There's so much to see and do there. Definite places to visit are the Alhambra palaces, the Albaizin (moorish quarter), Sacromonte where flamenco was born, the Cathedral, Bib Rambler where hangings used to take place, the unique Juan de Dios Hospital where I had my hernia operation and the two patios are so beautiful, and last but not least, the Mirador de San Nicolas where Bill Clinton claimed it was the most wonderful sunset he had seen in all the world. All these are within easy walking distance. And then stop at a bar and get free tapas to eat.

Dave
www.bed-and-breakfast-granada.com