Please sign in to post.

Traveling in Spain

I have limited time, 7 days, and need to know if going to Rhonda is worth it. I planned to go to Sevilla initially and evryone I talk to says Rhonda is a must see place.

Posted by
4555 posts

What other places are you planning to visit during your seven days? Ronda's great, but I wouldn't give up a visit to Sevilla in its stead.

Posted by
4 posts

Our cruise arrives in Barcelona, we are only staying the night. Early next day, pick up rental car and planning to drive to Granada and then on to Sevilla. From Sevilla head to Madrid and then home. Lot to do and very little time. Hopefully our first but not last trip to Spain, and I just want to hit the highlights and looking at Rick's itinerary Rhonda is not in the top picks with such a short stay.

Posted by
4555 posts

Sorry...do you plan to drive from Barcelona to Granada in a day? That's a long haul, about 600 miles.
In any event, if you leave Granada early enough, you can stop in Ronda for a few hours to get a feel for the place, before heading to Sevilla.

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, we realize it's a long haul, but we are use to long drives. Thanks for your advice, we'll do just that.

Posted by
324 posts

BCN to Granada is doable, but, as Norm says, a very long day behind the wheel. Keep in mind that rush hour traffic is a nightmare getting out of BCN until 10am or so. Once again, doable, but frustrating. (Remember, 80km/h max on all freeways in the BCN metro area. This speed limit is vigorously enforced by camera.) Why not save money on gas and rental fees (to say nothing of time) and take the AVE to Seville. You'll earn an extra half day (which could be spent in Cordoba) and save yourself some lower back pain as well. I really like Ronda, but am not sure that I'd sacrifice a day in BCN, Toledo, Madrid, etc to see it. Basically, the town has a pretty bullring (and a fairly good bullfighting museum) and a gulch.

Posted by
4555 posts

The other option would be to take a discount airline flight from Barcelona to Granada and pick up a rental car there. Far less time (and cost, if booked early enough). Vueling flies it for about 45 Euro per person....giving you more time on the ground in Granada (or Barcelona)....and far less stressful and tiring.

Posted by
189 posts

or, you could take the AVE to Madrid, spend 2 days(?), then take the AVE to Sevilla, spend ? days, rent a car and drive in southern Spain (we are going to do this next May). or a combination of all of the above. stopping in Ronda on your way to or from Sevilla, is a great idea I think.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. We are taking Norm's advice, leave Granada early, drive to Rhonda spend a 1/2 day and then drive on to Sevilla. We know it's a lot packed into a short trip, but we plan to make the most of the time we have.