Please sign in to post.

travel in Spain

My daughter and I are going to Spain in the spring. We will land in Barcelona and have 2 weeks. We want to go to Madrid, San Sebastian, Cestona, Javier, Pamploma, and Montserrat. Any advice? Suggestions?
Joyce

Posted by
4 posts

In Barcelona, we booked the Medieval Village day trip with Spanish Trails: www.spanishtrails.com

We are a family of eight and had the most wonderful, fun and adventurous days. We opted to have the lunch with our trip and we enjoyed a terrific authentic Catalan meal.

I also booked Spanish Trails to take our family to Montserrat and customized a tour around the city.

Spanish Trails offers a good number of wonderful day trips around Barcelona, Girona, the Costa Brava.

If you decide to book them, let them know that Olivia sent you (a very satisfied past customer).

Enjoy!

Posted by
1455 posts

Joyce, check out www.maribelsguides.com. She has some excellent tips on the various cities.

In Barcelona we did the hop on/ hop off bus to get a layout of the city, and also used it to get to the attractions we wanted to see (ie: Sagrada Familia, etc).

Click air has great deals flyign from Barcelona, as low as 30 euros. I don't think they fly to Madrid but they do fly to many cities.

In Madrid we sought out the cloistered nun convent for the cookies. That was memorable, and an interesting experience buying cookies from a "voice" behind a wall.

From Madrid you can take day trips to Segovia and Toledo by bus or train. Very easy to do and affordable.