Please sign in to post.

Toledo

I'm going to be in Spain the second week of August, with a home base of Madrid. I'm wondering if i decide to do an overnight in Toledo if it would it be easy enough to get into town and find a place to stay or is it better to book in advance?

Posted by
3551 posts

For sure book in advance it is peak season in Aug.

Posted by
51 posts

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was going to be peak tourist season just because of the heat. I would prefer to go in the spring or fall myself but August is what i have to work with, i'm sure it'll still be great though.

Posted by
1994 posts

It's a great idea to spend a night in Toledo instead of just a day trip. It has a totally different feel once day travelers have gone home, and it's a lovely city for wandering. I spent 10 days there on one trip (I love el Greco) and it was great.

Posted by
80 posts

I agree with the above. Book ahead for Toledo. You don't want to be walking from place to place with luggage up-and-down the STEEP hills of Toledo. Plus, it's DARN HOT in Toledo - even hotter than Madrid many times! You'll like Toledo at night when many of the tourists go back to Madrid and the old downtown is quiet. Sincerely, Saludos, MadridMan - AND BarcelonaMan, An American in Madrid, @ you-know-where!