Please sign in to post.

Toledo

We have 3-4 days in Toledo. Apart from the cathedral what should we see/do

Posted by
1178 posts

Cathedral...be sure to get the audio guide which lasts about one hour...Fantastic edifice, the sacristy (I think) with the amazing paintings alone is worth it. Museum de Santa Cruz - changing exhibitions in the main hall, outstanding parceling which is there on a continuing basis. Military Museum. In the alcazar...entrance is from the 'basement' - Well worth your time to see the contents of the museum, as well as the various ancient walls of the city that have been preserved in it. St. Tome Church...with the El Greco painted for it. Jewish Quarter the buildings there are most interesting. Maria de Blanca, which is now an art gallery, the Synagogue with its walls of silk and the attached museum. St. John church... It is my favorite city of all of Spain! My favorite place to stay is the Posada de Manolo, near the cathederal, wonderful operation, good breakfast overlooking the cathederal. There is a tram ride around the city (office one block off Plaza Zodocover)...not that good as it does not stop anywhere, but you will get an overview of the city. Plaza Zodocover is the main center...from there you can walk in any direction and find small alleys, interesting places. You will enjoy the visit!!! Remember, there is nothing on level ground in the city!!!

Posted by
85 posts

Thanks for your help. We are looking forward to seeing it

Posted by
1 posts

Three or four days are entirely too long for Toledo. Two nights max and you will have covered all the important sights.

Posted by
4535 posts

Three or four days are entirely too long for Toledo. Two nights max and you will have covered all the important sights. The same could be said for Siena but my wife and I spent several enjoyable days there just relaxing and exploring. Yes, Toledo can be fully explored and all sites seen in 2 days, but don't discourage people from settling in and absorbing a place. Having said that, take it as a warning that if your expectations of Toledo are as a huge city, or if you are a fast-paced traveler, then perhaps you are staying too long. Then again, you can easily daytrip to Madrid, which in many ways would be nicer than staying in Madrid and daytripping to Toledo.