Please sign in to post.

Tickets for Alhambra

What is a safe site to purchase advance tickets for basic tickets to Alhambra in Granada? Are audio tours available?

Posted by
4535 posts

The main Alhambra website www.alhambra-tickets.es Be sure to inform your bank of the upcoming trip and credit card transactions as most will block charges to foreign websites. Audio tours are available at the gate when you arrive. Your hotel can also make your reservations but if you won't book that much in advance, do it online as the tickets sell out in busy months. I suggest morning entries so you can spend the whole day there if you like. You can eat lunch at a restaurant there. You pick or will be given a palace entry time and that is a 30 minute window to enter the palace (not the site as a whole - just the palace). No exceptions are given if you miss that window. The rest of the time you can spend at the other sites (until 2:00) or strolling the grounds (all day). If you pick or get an afternoon entry, you can't even enter the grounds until 2:00.

Posted by
23564 posts

You can also ask your hotel to get your tickets. A block of tickets are set aside just for hotel guests. Audio tours in a variety of languages are available. It can be an all day event. As mentioned you have 30 min window for entering the palace. There is no advantage to going in early. We noticed that the line started forming 30,45 minutes early and line was quite long at the appointed hour. It is slow getting in because of security. We showed at the 20.25 min mark and walked right in.

Posted by
689 posts

I did the audio tour in October and thought it was a bit cheesy. It's supposed to be Washington Irving narrarating. I actually found the text of Rick's walking tour in the guidebook more enjoyable. I had no problems booking online through the official site. I picked up my tickets at the window the afternoon before, to avoid getting stuck in a line and missing my window to enter.

Posted by
811 posts

Important to note: unless they've changed it, if you book in advance on the official site (above), you will need to use the same credit card to retrieve the tickets from the kiosk at the Alhambra gate.

Posted by
83 posts

I have a probably previously answered question: I bought tickets for the Alhambra "Visita Entorno" which is a guided tour that lasts from 9:30-2pm. Does anyone know if I am allowed to stay and look around myself after the tour ends, particularly in the gardens. Also, I am confused about the layout, is the Nasrid palaces the main feature?

Posted by
81 posts

I bought the tickets online and did not have any issues. Did the afternoon 2 pm entry option and got in line at 1 30 PM and went to the ticket counter showed them the printout of the reservation and had the tickets in a few minutes, No hassel. Did not even try the Kiosk because the line was short. If you have trouble with the Kiosk you can get it through the window and they do not ask for the credit card. The place is huge and if going in the summer months its really hot! Started with the Nasrid palace and when it cooled down around 4 PM started walking around the gardens ! Risk steves tour in the book was really helpful !

Posted by
4535 posts

Melissa - you can stay on the grounds after 2:00 but cannot enter any of the ticketed sites. But you'll have already done that on your tour so you can enjoy the gardens and shops if you wish. Or have lunch.