Please sign in to post.

Switzerland and Paris early November 2013

Hi Steve, I am from India and i am planning to Visit Switzerland and paris early November this year. I have worked on a rough itenary but modifications are always welcome. I know the weather may not be welcoming but on the other hand when is it? My priority is a mix of indoor and outdoor activities. Day1: India – Zurich to lucerne and check in at hotel Day 2: Lucerne | explore the Lake Lucerne area, take a boat cruise, visit the Lion Monument or walk along the historic Chapel Bridge or if weather permits then visit the Rhine falls Day 3: Lucerne - lugano and back Day 4: Lucerne - Interlaken and check in at hotel Day 5: Interlaken | Excursion to Jungfraujoch Day 6: Interlaken | Day at leisure Day 7: Interlaken- zermatt| MATTERHORN GLACIER PARADISE back to interlaken Day 8: Zermatt to paris and check in at hotel | Day at leisure Day 9: Paris | Day at leisure Day 10:Paris | Day at leisure Day 11: Paris to Zurich and check in at hotel
Day 12: flight to mumbai Cheers, Parmesh

Posted by
20084 posts

All right, you asked for comments. 1. Is there any reason you cannot fly open jaw? Fly into Zurich fly home from Paris. That will save a whole day and probably the expense of going back to Zurich. 2. Is there a reason to go all the way to Lugano and back in a day? If there is a specific reason, business, visit friends, etc that's fine. But I would not do it just to see Lugano and ride mountain trains. You'll be riding plenty. 3. Day 7 indicates Interlaken to Zermatt and back in a day. Day 8 is Zermatt to Paris. I would not return to Interlaken but stay in Zermatt. 4. Check to see if the sights in Interlaken and Zermatt are open. It is shoulder season, too early for skiing and too late for summer-early fall activities. A lot of hotels shut down for vacation in anticipation of ski season, and mountain lifts shut down for maintenance. I have no specific information on this, just something you need to check. 5. Rhine falls are on the other side of Zurich from Luzern. Another item that is really not that impressive. Much more impressive waterfalls in the high Alps.
Now is the time to hone your trip. It should be very enjoyable.

Posted by
12040 posts

Novemeber is one of the shoulder seasons in the mountains. Many of the activities, hotels and restaurants are closed, and the weather can be too foggy to see much. " I know the weather may not be welcoming but on the other hand when is it?" In the summer or early autumn. You have a summer itinerary planned for the wrong time of year. But if you can't change plans or alter the time of year you visit, at least Interlaken sees less of drop-off in activity during the shoulder season.

Posted by
1054 posts

You should fly openjaw. Landin Zurich and depart from Paris. Why waste a whole day going from Paris back to Zurich just to fly home.