Please sign in to post.

Switzerland 2008

Just got home from three weeks in Switzerland. My daughter and I had soo many great adventure and attend such events as the Joderfest in Luzern, a once every three year festival that brings all of the countries culture together for four days. What great timing!
We got to Switzerland, Zurich, on the day of the Italy/ France Euro Cup game in Zurich. People were holding signs like "Need ticket, 700 Euros".

We went on the Bernima Express to Lugano and attended the Montreaux Jazz fest(going on right now).
It is very expensive. We did'nt do it much but we payed 6 SF for a bottle of water once near Jungfrau!
We hiked the Alps, stayed at the Mountain Hostel and Walter's at Gimmelwald. We saw Picasso's and we saw the Paul Klee's work in Bern.
22 days was enould for this small country, but it was interesting of what a sense of indentity they have of who they are and where they have come from. Very enriching trip! Go!

Posted by
1568 posts

We spent 6 nights at the Valley hostel in Lauterbrunnen Valley and loved every minute there. we took day trips every day.

We will return someday.

Very happy to hear other people enjoy Switzerland.

Posted by
408 posts

Joe,
Your trip sounded wonderful. I love Switzerland too, it is just so beautiful!