Please sign in to post.

Swiss pass

hie!greetings from Malaysia. me and 2 others (2adults + 1 jr) will travel to swiss by flight on 24 dec until 28 dec 2010..below is a brief itinerary for the trip day 1:arrive at geneva - zermatt ( 3 hours train), sleep at zermatt day 2: zermat - st moritz ( via glacier express, 7 hours) st moritz - zurich - luzern (4 hours), sleep at luzern for 2 nights day 3: luzern - mount titlis (1 hour) - luzern day 4 - luzern - zurich - to geneva ( 3 hours train) - sleep in geneva day 5- geneva - paris Im planning to take the Swiss Pass for us 3. It is the cheapest option right? My Qs are:- 1. Can the Swiss Pass been purchased at the airport? If yes, im using a my country Visa Citibank card..is there any extra charge for this purchase? 2.Can i claim for VAT refund for this purchase? If yes, is it at the Geneva airport before depart for Paris? 3. Lastly, can the Swiss Saver Pass with 15% (because i buy for 2 person or more) can be obtained if i buy on the spot-at the airport ? Looking forward for the trip!
Thanks in advance

Posted by
16265 posts

Hello aisha, to answer your questions: 1. Yes, you can buy your Swiss Pass at the train station in the Geneva airport. There is no extra charge for using your credit card, unless your bank charges a fee to convert the currency. 2. I do not believe you can claim a VAT refund for a travel pass (but I am not certain of this.) 3. Yes, you can get the 15% Saver discount when you buy your pass. And if your junior is age 15 or less, you can get a Family Card (ask for it) and he or she will travel with you for free. Otherwise ask for a Youth price for the junior.

Posted by
32752 posts

aisha number 2 only from me. VAT reclaims can only be for items which are not consumed in the country where you bought them. Take home 15 cow bells, get the VAT back. Buy a train ticket, eat a meal, sleep (or not) in a hotel room - these have already been used, so no VAT return.

Posted by
2 posts

hohoho
thanks you two for the replies! tonnes of cow bells for souvenir...heheheh funny! looking fwd for this Swiss trip but still clueless what or where to go actually.. need to study more abt the country! good day =)