Please sign in to post.

Staying in Germany

A year ago my mom and I went to Germany (the Frankfurt area) and we loved it so much we decided immediately we wanted to go back. Well we've been trying to plan this trip for the past 6 months. When we went before we stayed with a friend who is stationed in the military. Well for one reason or another our friend has an issue with every date we pick to go over there. So I think it might not work out and am trying to find other solutions for stay over there. The dates we are wanting to go are April 30-May 16. If anyone has any suggestions my mom and I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Posted by
252 posts

Can you not stay in hotels or gasthofs like most people do? Maybe I don't understand what you are asking.

Posted by
2 posts

We could stay in hotels but for the length of time we will be there it will be kinda expensive so we were looking into some cheaper options.

Posted by
7 posts

Try homeaway.com we have booked long term and short term vacations with this site.

Posted by
252 posts

What area of Germany do you want to visit on this trip? A suggestion might be to spend 4-5 days in the Rhine or Mosel River area, 4-5 days in the area around Lake Constance and then 4-5 days in the Munich area. If you visit the website www.bensbauernhof.com, you will find lots of reasonably priced accommodations in Germany, including farm stays. Anyway, I'm sure you can find some affordable accommodations at Ben's website and maybe get a few ideas of areas you would like to visit.

Posted by
32201 posts

Ashley, Your trip appears to be only a bit more than two weeks. Staying in small hotels or Zimmers for than length of time shouldn't be overly expensive. You could also check vrbo.com or apartment rentals. Are you planning to just stay in one area or travel around? You might get some good information about budget lodgings by having a look at the Germany Guidebook. Happy travels!

Posted by
50 posts

I used VRBO and Wimdu to rent small apartments for a week to 10 days in Berlin, Munich, and Salzburg last summer with great success. Munich ended up being my favoritethere are dozens of great, easily train-able side trips from there, plus lots to see in M itself.