Please sign in to post.

staying in amsterdam

We are a couple who will be in Amsterdam October 16 and 17 this fall. We are looking for recommendations for lodging at either a bed and breakfast or a smallish hotel. Any suggestions?

Posted by
1633 posts

Sharon, there is an 11:58 a.m. post by Charlie today also asking about Amsterdam hotels. Guess this would be a start. Good luck and have a great trip.

Posted by
2026 posts

Boogaard's B & B. We stayed there last year for about a week...wonderful location, clean, gargantuan breakfasts. He did our laundry for us! Our room had a common sitting area/kitchen, but we had it to ourselves for all but 1 day. Peter, the host, is friendly and helpful. Next time back, I won't even bother to check out other places. And I do that A LOT.

Posted by
875 posts

We liked the t'Hotel on Leliegracht -- a block or so from the Anne Frank house. The hotel only has 8 rooms -- our very large room overlooked the canal. I think breakfast is included in the price. It was very nice also.

Posted by
118 posts

Hi Sharon
Our first time in Amsterdam we stayed at the Ibis (nice but no character) because it is right next to the Centraal Station but there is big time construction at the station now so we found Hotel Sint Nicolaas on Spuistraat 1a..an old hotel with a lot of history but clean, friendly people and just across the canal from Centraal, far enough from the construction. We enjoyed it and would definitely go there again.