Please sign in to post.

Spain itinerary for Summer 2013

I am considering going to Spain in the Summer of 2013 and am considering the following trip for between 7 and 10 days before I go on to London to see friends. 1. Arrive in Barcelonaspend 2 or 3 days there. 2. Proceed to Madrid by AVE train and then spend 2 or 3 days there. 3. Proceed to Sevilla by AVE train and spend 2 or 3 days there 4. Proceed to Gibraltar1 day there and leave from there to Londonone of friends frequently has to go there for business reasons and I may meet up with him for much of this trip.
Any recommendations as to how to juggle time and also what airlines are recommended. Options that I have found so far are: British Airways to Heathrow and Easyjet or Monarch to Gatwick.

Posted by
11294 posts

This is a whirlwind "tasting" tour. You will need to be ruthless about what you will see and what you will miss in each city, as you only have about a day and a half or two days in each one (once you factor in transit time). And you should have this prepared in advance; you won't have time to decide on the fly. You will also not have any slack for strikes, late trains, etc. If all of that's OK with you, fine. If not, you should cut one destination. For me, it would be too tiring to change places and get my bearings in so many new cities so often. It would also be tiring to feel "on the march" all the time, with no rest breaks. You'll probably end up taking a lot more taxis that most people, since your time will be at a premium and you won't have time to get oriented to subways and buses. This, in turn, will add to your cost, so be prepared for this. For your travel within Spain, you'll take trains as you said (a bus would be needed from Seville to Gibraltar). To find airlines from Gibraltar to London, or elsewhere within Europe, use Skyscanner.