Please sign in to post.

Spain in June?

In June of 2012 my parents and I will be visiting Belgium, France and SPain. we were looking at the weather charts and it stated the average temperature is in the mid 80's. we have been to Hawaii in June and handed it well. Hawaii is humid and I was sweating profusley and had to take many breaks to cool down. Is the heat similar to Hawaii? Thanks!!

Posted by
23562 posts

Heat is heat so 80 in Spain is the same as 80 in Hawaii. The humidity may be different. And, of course, Spain is a big country with a big difference in climate. I would expect the humidity to be less in Spain but Spain can be very hot.

Posted by
18 posts

I was in Spain for two-and-a-half weeks in June 2009: Madrid, Toledo, Sevilla, Nerja, Granada, and Barcelona. Temperatures were pleasant everywherewarmer, of course, in Sevilla and Nerja but comfortable everywhere, whether walking into the wee hours of morning or sunbathing on the beach. June is a lovely time to visit Spain.

Posted by
80 posts

Spain in June is generally a very pleasant month to visit. Remember the climate also varies greatly from north to south. Northern "Green" Spain will be more pleasant in June with some highs in the 70sºF and maybe a few "surprise" days in the mid-80sºF. Southern Spain, in Andalucía, could have some very very hot days with highs in the upper 80sºF or even a few "surprise" days in the lower 90sºF. The northern regions tend to be more humid than middle and lower Spain, however, not nothing like in Hawaii. Even an August Barcelona isn't THAT humid - but does come closer. Here in Madrid we just had a "surprise" HOT day of about 81ºF - which is odd for early April. But it truly is a dry heat. Saludos, MadridMan @ you-know-where!

Posted by
1178 posts

I have been in Spain most of the months of the year and find that it is good about any time...some days better than others of course, but weather is weather. You will enjoy it I am sure. The actual heat factor will depend in part on where you are located. You might check http://www.typicallyspanish.com/ which has a daily weather map for the country. It might have a monthly average, etc.