Please sign in to post.

Spain

I am going to Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo,Cordoba, Granada and Sevilla in October. I plan on staying in hostels and traveling between Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Granada and Sevilla on buses. Any recommendations on hostels in each of the cities and any advice on the bus system.

Posted by
33 posts

I stayed at Hostal Samay in Sevilla and was very pleased with the accomodation, including free internet access. Ten minutes walk to the Cathedral and plenty of tapa bars along the way. It's on Av. Menendez Pelayo, close to the the bus station. They also have presence at the other major cities. Buen viaje.

Posted by
1178 posts

Madrid [INVALID] Hostal Felipe V, and Hostal Montecarlo, both in the same building at 15 Gran Via..central location, nicely run Toledo - Posada de Manolo. Near the palace, the building dates from the 1400's renovated in 2000, very nice, clean, safe, and a great location. They serve an excellent Spanish breakfast as well, over looking the Cathederal. Sevilla [INVALID] Check Casa de Sol y Luna [INVALID] Will be there in October myself...the web site is great. Check out www.madridman.com for other cities and suggestions.

Posted by
9110 posts

A word of caution. The op asked about hostels; the responses so far are about hostals. There is a big difference - - a hostal is a small, family-run hotel or pension with private rooms and often a bar or dining room. While less expensive than regular hotels, they are certainly not a hostel. The 'a' and the 'e' make a world of difference.