Please sign in to post.

Spain

We will be in Spain for three weeks in September. After traveling for two of them, we would like to spend a week in an interesting, beautiful spot. Any ideas which towns to choose or where to stay. We will probably end up in the southern part.

Posted by
237 posts

We were in Spain for a month last year from mid Aug to mid Sept. The last week we spent in Nerja chilling out. Good beaches in the area, nice downtown area with good restaurants. We did several day trips from there as well.
We stayed at Hostel Lorca which was very central and inexpensive, approximately 60 Euro with a private bath.

Posted by
4555 posts

Echo Steve on Nerja....Malaga, despite what Rick says, is worth a visit...and you can range up to Granada, into the Sierra Nevada, and into little towns all along, and back of, the coast to the east. Much less busy and touristy that the locations west of Malaga.

Posted by
273 posts

Not sure where you are traveling. but the north part of spain is beautiful and quiet, san sebastian even across the border to biarritz.

Posted by
34 posts

I think Barcelona is one of the most enjoyable cities in Europe....but it all depends on what you like. Water, mountains, small towns, beach, etc. If I was looking for something slow I would head for Palma de Mallorca. Great food, slow way of life, and beauty.

Posted by
632 posts

I will take Michael's suggestion one step further...for those seeking a slower pace far from the maddening crowd....try Formentera (it's about 10 Km south of Ibiza). This is the smallest of the Balearic Islands....with not very much development but with beautiful beaches that you will have mostly to yourself in September. I stayed there for 3 months back in 1968....they didn't even have electricity then...check out their web site on Trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187461-Formentera_Balearic_Islands-Vacations.html