Please sign in to post.

Spain

I'm planning to go to Spain when I'm 18. I would like to see Madrid, and the main cities of Andalucia such as Seville, COrdoba, Granada, and Los Pueblos Blancos. DO you think this is do-able with a budget of $5000 or should I reconsider my itnerary?

Posted by
54 posts

COupel of other things
are you renting a Car? it will give you more flexibility of seing what you want to see and in some case you can sleep in the car alsoat some nights.
We had a budget of 7000 for 2 people for 3 weeks last year plus airfare( check Iberia) and we where fine and we splurred in a couple of places and stayed at the paradors.
You did not say when you turn 18, so it all depends on fuel cost etc at the time.

We where not impressed wit sevilla but loved Toledo, cordoba is a one stop visit and you can do it in 3 hours then leave there is nothing else to look at in my opinion

Madrid is fun, stay in down town and enjoy( hotel europa was great and inexpensive)
Granada amazing stay 2 day i would say
With the white villages car is a good thing to have

BE aware of drugs in spain specificlay if you go out partying, some of the white town are old" hippi" town or towns of surviving drug addicts

have fun try local food we had a blast

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Will,
Your budget seems reasonable but it depends on how long it is until you're 18 (the value of the dollar is changing daily), the type of accommodations you want to stay in (hostels vs. hotels), how long you plan to stay, etc. I don't know if you've had a chance to look at Rick Steves 2008 Spain book but he gives lots of good information that will help you estimate travel costs. Here's another thread that should help with planning:

Budget Planning