Please sign in to post.

sagrada familia

We are going to Sagrada Familia in October and want to buy our tickets now. Which tour would you recommend and what time of day would you recommend?

Posted by
32219 posts

Stacey, As the others have mentioned, you don't have to purchase a "tour". La Sagrada Familia is easy to visit on your own, which allows you to explore and take photos at your own pace. However, you WILL need reservations in advance which will be for a specific entry time (and they're VERY strict about that!). I was there in June and arrived about five minutes before my appointment time. They wouldn't let me enter until about two minutes before my entry time. If you wish to visit one of the Towers, that's extra and again this is time-specific. Of the two, the Passion Tower is a bit easier as it offers travel down via stairs or elevator. The Nativity tower exits via stairs only but the views are a bit better. You can easily book your tickets at www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/?lang=0 and either print them out or pick them up at a La Caixa "super ATM" when you arrive in Barcelona. If you decide to use the ATM, you MUST have the credit card that was used to order the tickets. Happy travels!

Posted by
6898 posts

I wasn't aware that there were tours there but I see that Viator has a 1-hour guided tour for $41. One thing it doesn't include is the elevator ride up to the top of one of the towers. They do skip the main entry line, however. I see other tours by locals. We were there in late September and it was very easy to buy tickets and get in. The one thing you don't want to miss is the elevator ride up. This elevator holds only 6 people and you have to buy a separate ticket. This ticket will have a time on it. We had to wait 90 minutes for our ride up. The views and the Gaudi visual treats up there are well worth the wait. In the meantime, we did our own tour.

Posted by
516 posts

I don't think you need to do this as a tour. Very easy to just go and get tickets there. Yes the elevator ride up should not be missed.

Posted by
1178 posts

Suggest you check the official website for Sagrada Familia to get your tickets...they also have the hand held audio guides available. I will be there in Sept and the first of Oct myself.