Please sign in to post.

romantic road

We fly in and out of Munich. We have 13 days to visit our daughter at school for a day near Halstatt 2 days.. Salzburg 3 days.... up to Prague for 4 days then over to Rothenburg and romantic road on way to Munich at the end. Is Prague taking on too much or should we focus on Salzburg, Vienna?

Posted by
2779 posts

Diane, I suppose you're gonna have a car. Then it's easily doable. The only point of constructive criticsm of your planned itinerary is that I think 4 days are a bit over-sufficient for Prague. You may want to spend that 4th day somewhere in between Prague and the Romantic Road, like Marienbad in CZ or Nuremberg in Northern Bavaria...

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks Andreas and Kent. We will shorten our stay in Prague.

Posted by
12172 posts

So much to see, so little time.

When you make a choice to visit Vienna or Prague, you'll be a long way from most of the Western Cities.

It's a trip worth taking. For the time you have you may want to make it 2 days in Salzburg, then start a big swing to Vienna, Prague (less than four days) and Northeastern Germany on your way back to Munich.

Any chance to change your flight to open jaw into Munich and home out of Berlin?

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks Brad. Too late to change now but I will shorten the days in Salzburg and do the loop. I think we will leave out Vienna to give more time in Northeast Germany ..thanks for the input