Please sign in to post.

Renting a car in Paris

Can anyone recommend a car rental company with good rates that has a location in Paris for both pick-up and drop-off. even on weekends? Thanks.

Posted by
12040 posts

"Road system in Paris is like a plate of spaghetti" Best description of Paris roads ever!

Posted by
239 posts

Europcar. We have used them multiple times with great results. Do NOT drive in Paris...pick-up at the airport!!!! We drove into Paris to drop-off our car and it was a nightmare! We drive everywhere in Europe, lots of cities and never have we had such problems as driving into Paris!!! Great city, lousy drivers and roads.

Posted by
711 posts

Margaret... We pick up our rental car ar Orly. I would never drive in Paris. If you are going south , Orly is easy to get in and out of.There are about 5-6 car rental places at Orly.. Hertz, Avis , Sixth, Autoeurope, and maybe others.

Posted by
842 posts

AutoEurope, AutoEurope, AutoEurope. Easy pick up and return at the airport.

It is absolutly no problem geting from/ to the airport; but I WOULD NOT drive/park in the city. The French freeways are awesome. Watch your speed.

Don't rent without a GPS (we brought our own), and ensure that you have a small Michelin map of FRance.

Posted by
1455 posts

Margaret
We rented our car (to get to Normandy) with Sixti.com. The rate was great, and the car came with the GPS.

Posted by
48 posts

We also took train to airport to rent a car. Road system in Paris is like a plate of spaghetti. There's no time given to read road sings. After 2 hours, I drove like one of them and never used the rear or side mirrors.