Please sign in to post.

RENFE in Spain - Lowest Train Fares

I'd appreciate help figuring out what a 'deep discount' ticket costs for a few train trips in Spain. We're traveling in October and are within a few days of the magic 62.5 number.

I've looked on the RENFE site and if I look out 61, 62, or 63 days from today I don't see any change in rates. Is the discount a fleeting thing only found in the wee hours of the night? If so, the wee hours of what time zone?

Best fares I'm seeing are
Madrid to Toledo: 10 Euro
Madrid to Cordoba: 67 Euro

For Cordoba to Seville I'm seeing 32 Euro for AVE but only 16 Euro for the AVANT (which is just as quick or quicker than the AVE)

Are the above fares considered the 'regular' or the 'discount'?

I know that to go from Toledo to Cordoba I need to backtrack to Madrid. Do the two legs of that trip need to be booked and paid for separately?

Is there a service charge for paying for tickets on line? If so, can I save money by buying multiple tickets (different legs)at the same time?

Posted by
350 posts

I know that for the Toledo Cordoba part of the trip you need to book two tickets. I did this about three weeks ago. I had bought the Madrid to Cordoba ticket in advance but not 62 days out but the Toledo Madrid that day before.

I am not sure about the discounts for buying in advance. Check the Cordoba to Seville I paid 10 euros. They had three different trains I got the one that took the longest but it was only about 30 min more than the cost of the 16 euro train.