Please sign in to post.

Provence itinerary

We are finalizing our 8 day trip at the end of September, we are flying into and out of Nice: 2 nights in Nice (no car, tour area by train, on foot) 3 nights in St Remy (pick up car on day 3 AM in Nice and drive, stop in Aix) 3 nights in Antibes (return by car to Nice airport on day 8) Want to see Vence, St Paul de Vence Villefrance sur Mer and Monaco while in Nice Want to see Nimes, Arles, Avignon, Les Baux and Pont du Gard while in St. Remy Relax and may not tour much while in Antibes We want to keep it simple, only change hotels twice, only two longer drives
Suggestions on timing would be appreciated

Posted by
15 posts

My daughter and I are planning a similar trip in September. I will be interested in some others responding as well!
Anne

Posted by
186 posts

St. Remy is a perfect town to pivot from as well as a very enjoyable spot to enjoy in your evenings and other times. The Wednesday Market is wonderful, colorful and fun. Quite close to the Roman ruins there, is St. Paul de Mausole
the hospital where Van Gogh spent over a year painting 143 works. This was a highlight of our early June trip. Another highlight, outside the walls of Les Baux is an additional don't miss spot: Carrieres de Lumieres, an amazing experience. You asked about timing: An hour or so each to visit the hospital and the carrieres. The market goes all morning. Enjoy!