Please sign in to post.

Place to stay in Paris

I am traveling to Paris in June with one friend. We are looking for a place to stay ( hotel) for two nights. I prefer to stay near the attractions as well as near a train station. Any suggestion?
Thank you

Posted by
2 posts

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we would like to stay in Montmartre area.

Posted by
7209 posts

Is there a particular reason you prefer the Montmarte area? Personally it was one of my least favorite areas.

Posted by
11507 posts

Rose, you are looking a bit last minute, so lets get to work . First off , what is actual budget per night ( in euros please, I don't do American money and neither do they, lol ). And yes, for location, why Montmarte, its not central to bulk of sites for such a short stay at all. What are the top 4 or 5 sites you want to see( this will help with location ideas), you can't walk to everything, but you can walk to many sites from certain areas. Also there are quite a few train stations, which one are you arriving at and which one are you leaving from.

Posted by
14503 posts

Hi, There's a hostel near Montmarte located on the boundary between the 10th arrond. and the 9th...Vintage Hostel on Rue de Dunkerque. It is ca. 10- 15 mins walk from Gare du Nord. From Gare du Nord to Montmarte taking Rue de Dunkerque is ca. 25 mins. on foot. Depending on your travel plans, staying close to Gare du Nord most definitely has its advantages as regards to convenience.