Please sign in to post.

Parking in Paris?

My wife and I are renting a car to drive around U.K and France. I want to stop in Paris for about 3 days, if I should avoid driving in Paris I will. Maybe, parking in the outskirts or a parking garage. Know any good places?

Posted by
11507 posts

HI Eddie, definately park car in outskirts and metro in, there are car parks right in Paris, hubby and friend parked a block for hotel in the 5th, but paid about 25 euros a day with no in and out privilidges.
I don't have a name for you but i bet you'll get some answers here, or go ask at tripadvisor.com since I know that question has come up there often so a site search will find an answer.

Posted by
10344 posts

Here's a link with parking options on the outskirts of Paris: clickAbout 98% of people posting here in the last year have agreed driving and trying to find parking in Paris itself, the center, is not worth the big headache and cost.

Posted by
149 posts

Driving in Paris is fine, but get a good map. The French are good drivers. But parking is difficult and expensive. Some hotels have parking including Ibis at Place Italia and Hotel des Grandes Ecoles.