Please sign in to post.

Paris to Normandy

We plan on travelling from Paris to Normandy in June, does it make sense to book tickets in advance or purchase them locally prior to travelling?

Posted by
408 posts

Are you asking about air fare? I always book early for the best price. I would also recommend battle bus tours in Normandy. You should book prior due to they sell out on their tours early.

Posted by
1446 posts

All I can say is that we booked our train tickets (Paris to Bayeux) in advance. Got a good deal by doing so.

Posted by
32214 posts

Scott, How many days will you be in Paris prior to the trip to Normandy? I wouldn't book tickets in advance. As soon as you get settled in Paris, I'd suggest paying a visit to an SNCF Boutique and they'll get the tickets sorted for you. There are numerous locations throughout the city, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. You'll need to travel from whatever area you're staying in to Gare St. Lazare. Be sure to allow adequate time for the Metro trip. Which city in Normandy will you be staying in? If you're planning to see any of the D-Day sites, Bayeux is a good choice. To clarify one point from the first reply, BattleBus Tours are no longer operating under that name. If you're considering one of the excellent day tours in that area, two that you could look at are www.ddayhistorian.com (same Guides that operated BattleBus) and www.daleboothnormandytours.com (previously worked for BattleBus). As mentioned previously, pre-booking the tour well in advance is a really good idea! Buon Voyage!