Please sign in to post.

Paris to normandy

I have two days, one night to travel from Paris. I would like to see the beaches of Normandy and Castle St Michel. My hope would be to book a hotel that looked out on the castle. Is there a tour company or private guide I could use to do this.

Posted by
4037 posts

I suggest looking at a good map so you can see how far Mont St-Michel is from Normandy, especially the D-Day beaches. It's a decent full-day trip from a Normandy centre such as Caen. Google will turn up possible tours including transport.
More information on the abbey here: http://www.lemontsaintmichel.info/en

Posted by
8293 posts

Sonia, just so you can adjust your expectations, it is an abbey on Mont Saint-Michel, not a castle.

Posted by
696 posts

Hi We just returned. We used LinkParis as the tour company - which added convenience . They arranged train to/from Paris and a tour of the Normandy beaches and museum , overnight in Bayeaux (Hotel Lion D'OR - very nice) We did not choose the trip to Mont St Michel but others did and raved about it. I believe the others went directly thru the Caen Museum
It was wonderful. Not overlooking the abbey - but Bayeaux is quite charming and I think you would enjoy an evening there.