Please sign in to post.

Paris to Frankfurt?

I searched the forum, but couldn't find this topic. A group of 4 of us will be spending some time in Paris next month, then continuing on to Frankfurt. What's the cheapest/best way to get there: train? air? car? I found trains for $122 USD but thought that sounded high.

Thanks!

Posted by
12 posts

Last summer I took a night train from Paris to Frankfurt. I had a rail pass plus paid the difference for a sleeping cabin for 2 people. I honestly don't recall how much the sleeper cost but I am sure it was at least 122 plus the rail pass. It's pretty far from Paris to Frankfurt - the night train was hot (even the sleeper car) and very noisy - by the time we got to Frankfurt all we did was crash out in our a/c hotel room for a few hours! I think you should check out flying on one of the cheap euro airlines. Even if it's the same as the train (it may very well be cheaper) you will arrive rested and not waste a day for traveling, when you could be sightseeing.

Posted by
2779 posts

There is new high speed train connection between Paris Est and Frankfurt Hbf. Check bahn.de or sncf.com

Posted by
8700 posts

According to whichbudget.com, your only budget airline choice is Air Berlin (CDG-Frankfurt).

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks for the travel tips. According to airberlin.com, there are no Paris-Frankfurt flights.

Unless I'm reading it wrong....

Posted by
4555 posts

You're right...Air Berlin does not serve Frankfurt directly from Paris....only through a third city, which negates any price break or time savings. There's not much time savings anyway, since the time out to CDG or Orly, plus security, makes the trip longer than by train. I agree with Andreas....the new high speed train link between Paris Est and Frankfurt is the best...4.5 hours downtown to downtown. SNCF and Die Bahn both run trains on this new service...check with each on-line to see if there are any deals. However, if you're travelling in July, most of the cheaper tickets may already be gone...so if you find something for $122 USD, take it!