Please sign in to post.

Paris: Places to stay near airport (CDG)

We are thinking of spending one night near CDG airport rather than in Paris itself. Any suggestions on where to stay? We will not have a car.
Merci!

Posted by
11 posts

Hi, Sue. For our last three trips to Provence, my husband and I stayed at the Hilton near CDG airport. There's a shuttle bus from CDG right to/from the Hilton. It's a great hotel with a wonderful spacious bathroom! I was tired by the time we got to Paris the night before our flight back to Chicago, and our hotel room felt like a real treat. Terry cloth bathrobes, included! We used our Hilton Honors Points so the stay was very reasonable.

Posted by
8293 posts

The Ibis Hotel at CDG is perfectly adequate for one night and much less expensive than the Hilton. It is right at the airport, by the way.

Posted by
6502 posts

We're staying at the Ibis the night before a morning flight home next month. Haven't been there but it appears to be convenient and comfortable, and the price is right. We wouldn't stay at the airport except for convenience re flights, i.e. if we were arriving in the evening or departing in the morning. Certainly no substitute for a night in the city itself if you have time. A car in Paris is just a nuisance, there are easy and fast rail and bus connections between CDG and central Paris.

Posted by
8700 posts

The Ibis Paris CDG Airport Hotel suggested by Norma is located next to Terminal 3 and is close by the CDG 1 RER station and a stop on the free 24/7 CDGVAL driverless shuttle train that connects all the terminals.

Posted by
4044 posts

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/Home/
The official airport site shows on-site hotels, most of them connected to the Accor chain which includes Ibis. The chain also operates a number of brand hotels near the airport, connected by regular shuttle to Terminal 2. http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml. You should know that there is next to nothing to do overnight except have a meal and a drink. Menus tend to be slightly higher than in the central city for ordinary cooking, and drinks can be average to far overpriced. Roissy, the village that the airport calls home, is worth a half-hour stroll.

Posted by
173 posts

Thank you for your advice everyone, it's been most helpful. I'm trying to decide between the following airport hotels, the Golden Tulip, Suite Novotel and Ibis Paris Airport, all have very similar rates. We'll be coming to the airport by train from Strasbourg. We'll spend the night near the airport so we can catch our flight out the next morning at 10:40 am. I have no idea how long it takes to get through security at CDG so it will be nice not to have to worry about getting transportation in from Paris.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you are flying home from CDG, you should be at the airport a full three hours before your scheduled departure time.

Posted by
25 posts

We recently stayed at the Novotel Hotel (not Novotel Suite), which is on the free shuttle drop off route. It was much cheaper than the Sheraton, at which we stayed a few years ago. Problem we had at the Sheraton, on arriving in evening, was that restaurant was not open and mini bar prices were outrageous. At Novotel Hotel we were delighted with am breakfast brunch for 20 euros. Self serve, and while pricey, it gave us a good solid protein-filled breakfast to carry us through the long flight home.

Posted by
127 posts

We always stay at the Ibis in the terminal. it is inexpensive and you can take a shuttle to get to it and another to get to your airline. Ask to stay in the newer section as the bathrooms are much larger.

Posted by
797 posts

Do the Ibis at CDG. The price is good, the rooms are small but perfectly adequate for one night and it is a one minute walk to the free underground shuttle to the terminals.