Please sign in to post.

Paris on Bastille Day?

Will all the museums and sights in Paris be closed? Any suggestions for family of 4 (kids 8 & 11)? Just realized it is a holiday- how about the chateaus in Tours? Thanks-

Posted by
22 posts

We were in Paris on Bastille Day in 2000. I don't remember that anything was closed, but you can probably find out by googling the museums that seem interesting to you. We had one of the best days as there is a big celebration at the Eiffel Tower on the grass. It had the longest firework display I have ever seen, including Disneylands! It was all in French, of course, but a lot of fun. Bring some food and sit and picnic. One of the things I remember was it was difficult to find bathrooms to use. We would go in groups of two into crowded restaurants and slip by the waiters and act like we belonged there. In Europe, they don't like you using their bathrooms unless you are a customer! This really was a lot of fun.

Posted by
154 posts

On the website is says the museums are open and free that day. But I bet they will be crowded. There are kids parks at the Eiffel tower area. Bring some balls or games for them to play.