Please sign in to post.

Paris museum pass

Do you know if the museum pass can be purchased at the CDG airport in Paris?
One of the shuttle companies say they will deliver one when they pick you up at the Paris airport. They charge another 10 euro (70 vs 60), which could be handy, but if it's available somewhere in the airport at the regular price I'd rather do that.

Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

I just read a post on another board by someone who said he had bought the Paris Museum Pass recently at the tourist office at CDG.

Posted by
3313 posts

Well! According to the Museum Pass website, you can buy the pass in Terminal 2 and Terminal 1 at the tourist information areas.

Who knew?

Posted by
20 posts

You can also buy the museum pass, as well as metro tickets, in any metro station and you can use a credit card.

Posted by
15 posts

I am not sure about the airport but I am very sure that you can not buy museum passes at every metro station. While in Paris this past June we tried to purchase passes at three different metro stations and we were told that they no longer had them available. We were finally able to purchase them at the D'Orsay Museum in a matter of minutes. So, if one of your first stops is going to be the D'Orsay, you could save yourself the delivery fee and just purchase the tickets there. Good luck!

Posted by
29 posts

Virginia - you can buy a museum pass at almost every museum. I have just spent 3 days in Paris, bought the museum pass in the TI (tourist information) store that you pass on way to Versailles, they did not charge any fee beyond the general 2-day price and it was very convenient. There are museum pass brochures everywhere and inside it lists what museums are included in the pass and where you can buy it. Wherever you decide to purchase, you will be very glad you did - we found it invaluable in skipping ques and perfect for our budget.

Posted by
104 posts

I bought my museum pass at Les Invalides / Napoleon's Tomb. It wasn't crowded at all. The pass worked great for bypassing queues at the Louvre and Versailles. I recommend purchasing at one of the less crowded museums (Rodin Museum is another recommended one).