Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

Is the Paris Museum Pass worth it? I saw that sometimes places give you a discount if you are under 25, and I am, so would it still cost less to get the pass?

Posted by
12040 posts

The Paris Museum Pass allows you to save a decent amount of money, but that's not the major benefit to buying one. The real advantage is that it allows you to bypass the waiting queue at the entrance of nearly every museum. The best place to buy the pass is at the Orsay, because this museum has a separate desk at a separate entrance for buying the pass, versus the line for general admission.

Posted by
8700 posts

At the Musee du Louvre admission is free for visitors under the age of 26 every Friday from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. (except for exhibitions in the Hall Napoléon). The Musee d'Orsay has the same policy on Thursday evenings. Go to www.parismuseumpass.com to see a list of the museums that are covered by the pass. Then check the individual Web sites of those you wish to visit to see if they have similar policies.

Posted by
72 posts

We were in Paris a few years ago and the pass saved us about a two hour wait in the rain at Versailles. Following Rick's advice we were able to go to the head of the line and got right into Palace. That alone made it worth the expense.

Rick

Posted by
213 posts

I bought the 6 day pass, and it saved me hours of time every day. We're taking the family in May and I'm buying one for my 20 year old. The first time you walk past a huge line you'll be glad you did. If you get on the MP site it gives links to each of the museums, you can see the discounts there, but for what I'm "paying per hour" to be in Paris the MP is worth it!

Posted by
506 posts

I had family in town this past week and they used the Pass. To let you know, the pass covers much more than museums - monuments are included as well - such as Towers at Notre Dame, Pantheon, Arc de Triomphe, Dome Church (Napoleon's Tomb) and much more.

It can save you time EXCEPT when there is a holiday or special event. Under 25 will most frequently be applicable with the larger museums - is Louvre and d'Orsay.

Highly recommended...

http://www.parismuseumpass.com/en/home.php