Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

IF I buy the Paris Museum Pass, how does it work when I want to also see a special exhibit at a specific museum? EX: the d'Orsay has a Degas exhibit which is an additional cost over the regular admission price.

Posted by
1976 posts

Hi Carol. That's a good question - I'm considering buying the pass too. The link below http://en.parismuseumpass.com/rub-the-pass-presentation-and-advantages-2.htm says that passholders get free admission to the museums' permanent collections, which sounds like you'd have to pay to see the special exhibitions. But it also seems to vary by museum. The Musee d'art et d'histoire du Judaisme offers free access to the special exhibition "Jews and Orientalism." I'd suggest looking at each museum on the Museum Pass website that you want to visit, to see if they offer free admission to their special exhibitions.

Posted by
893 posts

It really does vary by museum and I don't know about the current d'Orsay exhibit. There was a special exhibit at the Pompidou which was included with regular admission, but was still considered a special exhibit and you if you had a museum pass, you had to buy a separate ticket - which cost as much as the regular admission! Maybe someone who has been recently with a museum pass and went there can give you a specific answer.

Posted by
1103 posts

We were at the Orsay last week and the special exhibit was covered under the Museum pass. The special exhibit at the Orangerie was also covered.