Please sign in to post.

paris museum pass

Does it pay to busy the pass on-line before we go? If yes, is the City Case the best site to buy it from? It seems to be the best price and uses dollars not euros?
Is there a better site from which to buy the museum pass?

Posted by
784 posts

There is no advantage to buying the museum pass online. You can buy it at any of the museums, but best to buy it at one of the less busy museums or sights - not at the Louvre or d'Orsay.

Posted by
15597 posts

You can also buy it at the airport. I got my at the Tourist Information (TI) kiosk along with an RER ticket into the city. You can also get them at several stores and all the TI's in Paris. There's a list of merchants on the official pass website.

Posted by
872 posts

I would highly recommend you buy it once in Paris. We bought it at the airport upon arrival, and it couldn't have been easier (use a no-fee credit card, like Capital One). There are other locations to purchase as well once in the city, and as recommended, buy it at a less frequented site to avoid longer lines. Have fun!
A bit of unsolicited advice (I know): Try and avoid buying things converted to dollars for you as they are marked up tremendously. If someone does convert for you, insist on paying the euro price. I have never found a situation where it works in your favor!

Posted by
32219 posts

Karen, I'd also suggest buying the Pass when you arrive in Paris. The official Paris Museum Pass website lists all the locations where you can purchase them, and the airport T.I. is probably one of the easiest. I bought a Pass at ORY in early July, and the whole process only took a couple of minutes. Prior to using the Pass, you'll have to write the starting date on it using the European date format (DD/MM/YY), and once you've done that "the clock is running". Happy travels!

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I appreciate the quick response to our posting. Merci Beaucoup