Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum pass

My husband and I are going to Paris in September and will be there 7 days. Having never been there before we want to see alot and don't know whether to get a 4 day pass or a 6 day pass. Any suggestions?

Posted by
8700 posts

One advantage of a six-day pass is that you can spread out your visits so you are less likely to suffer from "museum blur" or "museum overload" and will better remember each place you visit. Another advantage is that you can pop into a museum near the end of your stay that you'd like to see a bit of again without feeling that you have to linger to justify paying the admittance fee. (However, you can do some of that with a four-day pass, too.) Be aware that some wonderful museums--the Musee Marmottan, for example--are private and don't honor the pass. Visit www.parismuseumpass.com and see how many of the covered museums and monuments are on your "must see" list. Then decide which private museums are also on that list. My guess is that you'll decide that a four-day pass will be about right for a seven-day stay. However, if you are true museum buffs and if you intend to use the pass to spend most of a day at Versailles, then the six-day pass might be a better choice.

Posted by
157 posts

Get the six day pass. It will give you the maximun flexiblity to go to Versailles or Chantilly etc.

Plus the fact you'll have the option for multiple visits to the Louvre & Orsay Museums, which are Great !

Also try and attend a Sainte Chapelle concert. You can reserve in advance via the web. The one we attended in July was simply AWESOME !!

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. A six day pass would give us more flexibility.