Please sign in to post.

Paris-Metro

I will be in Paris for more than 1 month. What is the best metro pass? The Paris Visite? The ticket t+?

Also, does anyone know specifically about the GARE DE LYON stop on the RER? Is that a safe area of Paris to walk around?

Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

You definitely do NOT want the Paris Visite pass. It is overpriced. If your more than a month includes a full calendar month (e.g., July 1-31), then your best pass is a zone 1-2 Carte Orange mensuelle for around 53€. Your next best pass would be the weekly (Monday-Sunday) zone 1-2 Carte Orange hebdomadaire (16.30€). You will need a headshot photo and you will need to load either pass on a passe Navigo Decouverte card (5€). You can read about all your transportation choices here: http://tinyurl.com/3bwnp3. Note: the Carte Orange hebdomadaire is listed there but the mensuelle isn't. It's on the French version.

Posted by
1455 posts

Alexina
Whatever the metro clerk tells you, you are entitled to the Carte Orange. They tried to say its locals only.

Not all metro stations have the picture booth so you can get the pictures here beforehand.

If you get headshots here in the states, be sure its smaller than a passport. Its like the size of our driver's license, so shrink it down or make sure your head is smaller to cut around it.

Posted by
67 posts

My wife and I will be in Paris three full days. The Paris Viste appears to th a good deal It cost 19 Euro and includes discounts as well as easy entry to some museums. What am I missing? Our hotel is in Zone 2 Is the Viste pass the same as a Mobilis ?