Please sign in to post.

Paris Lodging for Family of Five, Early July, 2011

Please suggest reasonably priced lodging for a family of five (kids 15, 12, and 9) in Paris during the first week of July, 2011. We plan to primarily go site seeing and get to know Paris. We would like a place within walking distance of the subway.

Posted by
893 posts

What do you consider reasonable? We all have our different definitions. Do you have to be in the same room or adjoining rooms? Or are you willing to spilt up in to two rooms that may not even be on the same floor? This link will take you to a list of hotels that offer family rooms. THe color coding is for the number of stars the hotel has. You really have to go to each individual website to see the actual price for the time you are wanting. http://www.hotelaparis.com/hotels-avec-chambre-familiale-paris.html

Posted by
472 posts

We stayed here for 8 nights in the summer 2009 ( my 2 kids were the ages of your 2 older ones) and loved everything about it. Not sure if it is the price you are looking for, but you will be very secure with this apartment if you choose it. They will absolutely be enthralled with Paris!!! http://www.vrbo.com/121794 Any other questions, let me know :)

Posted by
4105 posts

Bob, Have sent you private message on both Paris and Rome
if you have any questions, pm me. gerri

Posted by
1014 posts

In early July, you might want to consider an apt. or hotel that has AC. It can get really hot and muggy in July in Paris.

Posted by
7209 posts

Yes, I agree with the need for AC. However, don't just ask if they have AC...ask if the AC is actually working and not broken. We stayed in the Hotel La Bourdonnais because it had AC. Of course when we checked in the AC was out of order and "somebody was working to fix it quickly". It was not turned on the ENTIRE duration of our stay. It was a little warm during the day and the AC would have been nice. But we needed it more at night so that we could close the windows and block out the traffic noise. Had we known, we could have stayed next door at the Hotel Kensington which was 1/2 the price but does not have AC.

Posted by
56 posts

Rentparis.com, lodgis.com, halldis.com. These are reliable websites to do a search. We booked thru them more than once and have had a very good experience. Most beds are double or pull out sofas, no queen/kings anywhere... A good neighborhood is by Les Halles, vibrant, easy walk to Chatelet subway(check out the metro map-this metro stop is well connceted but a maze to navigate).
The other option is the 4th arrondaisment by Republique metro.