Please sign in to post.

Paris Itinerary

Does this look doable?? We are a family of 5. Children are boys ages 16 and 14 and a girl 9. I don't have the Louvre in there, but I'm not sure where it should go. We are more history than art people, yet we should probably do it. I'm thinking a child's carnet of tickets for my girl and 2 carnets for the rest of us? (We won't have a car.) Saturday the train from London arrives at 5:30 Check into hotel, eat cruise?? Eiffel Tower Sunday Army Museum and Napoleon's Tomb Paris Walk in Rick's book: Notre Dame, Deportation Memorial, Saint Chapelle, etc. Monday
Pick up the rental car at 7am and head to Normandy for the next 4 nights. Christine

Posted by
32834 posts

Looks doable, Christine. Good choices. (you do arrive at 5:30 PM, right?)

Posted by
4 posts

I wouldn't try to squeeze the Louvre in on what is really a one-day visit to Paris (Sunday). If you are more history people, check out the Carnavelet - the Museum of the history of Paris. It's also in the Marais, which is a great place to be on Sunday because many of the interesting shops are open. That said, walking the city is a great thing to do. Just expect many shops to be closed on Sunday while restaurants/cafes will be open.

Posted by
9422 posts

The Army museum is enough for one day, and that will take several hours. Spend the rest of your short time outside, in addition to your Paris Walk, being in and absorbing Paris itself. Sit in a cafe, and walk through the Luxembourg Gardens if you have time (one of my favorite places in Paris). You get to see real Parisians interacting and enjoying themselves.

Posted by
2192 posts

You don't mention your hotel location, but you seem to be doing things in the Rue Cler area and that would be fun for your kids to see.