Please sign in to post.

Paris in March

just wanted to get some opinions on the weather in early to mid march. Will be there the 2nd week of march.

Posted by
1064 posts

I am sure it varies from year to year. In March 2009, we left the Deep South following a rare snow storm to arrive in Paris to truly spring-like conditions. The warm, pleasant weather remained all week. But I am sure it is not normally like that.

Posted by
1850 posts

You will find easy to read statistical tables for practically any location at weatherbase.com. You can easily compare almost any location's typical weather for any month to your own nearest city.

Posted by
76 posts

We were is Paris for the first week of April this year. We got lucky, it was very sunny and the temps got up to the 70's. Walking around in the sun it actually felt quite warm. I had packed all long sleeve shirts thinking it might be a bit chilly. Ended up shopping for short sleeve shirts.

Posted by
1538 posts

We were there for nine days in March 2010 and it was cool to chilly during the day and some days were really breezy. Beanies, scarfs, and gloves were pretty much a necessity, with an umbrella for just in case. Although it was cool it was mostly pleasant. The weather didn't stop us from going out at night to see the Eiffel Tower and on a Siene cruise. You can never tell what the actual weather will be until you get there. Pack for layers and you'll have a great time!

Posted by
13 posts

Well, coming from North Dakota, that is a major warmup for me!! I'll take it!

Posted by
524 posts

Carol's right about the weather. For women, so not Daniel, bring a pair of thin leather gloves in spring and fall. You are always outside walking! When it is damp, chilly and overcast, they feel wonderful.
Bobbie

Posted by
1538 posts

My husband wore gloves and a scarf and a beanie. But we're from California!

Posted by
12 posts

I'm from Houston and have been to Paris a number of times in March and the weather hasn't been an issue. Be sure to layer. I usually do pants, tank & cardi with a scarf or tights, little dress or tank and cardi-both outfits with a jacket to start the day. I have a big Longchamp bag to stash my jacket in as I warm up.