Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

My husband and I and our 10 year old granddaughter are heading for France in early June. We have narrowed it down to 3 hotels from Rick's book - Hotel du 7eme Art, Hotel Lyon- Mulhouse, Hotel de la Tour Eiffel. Any experience with any of these? We are waiting to hear back on availability. Any suggestions would be appreciated so we will know which is a better choice. Thanks.

Posted by
32 posts

Just realized I didn't say that those 3 are for Paris, our first stop. Will save our questions for Dordogne region and Provence for later.

Posted by
448 posts

My only advice is to book something right now...June is closer than you think!

Posted by
7209 posts

yes, for heaven's sake book SOMETHING now! You can always change your mind later and cancel anything that you no longer want. Just make sure you read the cancellation policy and are allowed to cancel without penalty.

I can highly recommend the Hotel Royal Phare. They are also a Rick Steves pick and located in the Rue Cler area with a metro at the hotel door and easy walking to the Eiffel Tower. There is an ATM right beside the front door, supermarket and lots of bakeries and cafes. It's clean and very affordable for such a great location.

you can email them at
[email protected]

Posted by
3261 posts

Hi Barbara,
I haven't stayed in any of these hotels but we did book the Hotel Lyon-Mulhouse for a trip in January but canceled because we found a hotel (Hotel Jeanne d'Arc) that we felt was better located. While Hotel Lyon-Mulhouse is probably a good choice, we walked by it while in Paris and felt it was off-the beaten path. The Hotel du 7'eme Art seems better situated in my opinion.