Please sign in to post.

Paris - Hotels

I am staying in Paris for 2 days and I am looking for a hotel with a great location and a decent price. This is what my schedule looks like. One day I am going to Day One: Classic Paris - Afternoon: Notre Dame Cathedral - Classic Museums: The Louvre OR Musee d'Orsay - Champs-Elysées and the Arc du Triomphe - The Eiffel Tower -Evening - Dinner: Eiffel Tower Restaurants OR Cafe de l'Alma - Bateaux Mouches Paris boat tour --- Day Two: The Dynamic Right Bank Morning: Breakfast: Aux Delices de Saint-Paul; Walking Tour of the Marais - "Beaubourg" and the Centre Pompidou - Lunch: Chez Georges OR La Quincambosse -- Afternoon: Canal Saint-Martin - The Belleville Neighborhood - Montmartre - Evening: - Dinner and show at the Moulin Rouge, OR dinner and cabaret at A la Bonne Franquette

Posted by
1976 posts

Hi Kris. What's your budget? I can recommend the Hotel Cluny Sorbonne, which is on the Left Bank near the Sorbonne University and Boulevard St.-Michel. We paid about 100 euros per night for a room for 2 people. The hotel is a 5-minute walk to the Cluny La Sorbonne Metro stop and a 10-minute walk to the St.-Michel RER stop.

Posted by
3 posts

OMG what an ambitious itinerary! We found a nice little place away from the more expensive Rue Cler district called Etoile Trocadero. It is in the 16th but literally across from the Eiffel with super easy metro access. The Champs is maybe 1/2 mile away. But it was 155 Eur. We like the fact it was tucked away in a mostly non tourist area, but round the corner and the action starts. Be aware there are 2 very different restaurants in the Eiffel. The one on the 1st deck was pretty mass produced, the one on the 2nd floor is a month's salary and worth it. I took my hubby there for his 70th b-day. We are going back this May. Good luck with your plans. Where did you find the dynamic right back tour? It sounds interesting and we haven't spent much time there.

Posted by
8 posts

Hotel Muguet in the 7th in nice, small but attractive rooms, front desk staffed 24 hrs per day, close to Rue Cler and Metro stop Ecole Militaire

Posted by
6428 posts

We liked the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter, close to two Metro stops, the rue Mouffetard street market, and lots of restaurants (but you seem to have the eating part figured out!). The hotel consists of three buildings behind a gate, with a nice garden, on a quiet street. Google it. Have fun and make sure you return to Paris sometime for a longer visit!