Paris Hotels

Advice: I've booked 2 hotels for Sept 18-22. Hotel Andrea Rivoli in the Marais section, 160E a night , no breakfast, and Hotel du Lys in the Sorbonne area, near the quais, for 145E a night and breakfast.
Anyone know both these hotels and can give me advice. Obviously Du Lys is cheaper and I do love the Quartier Latin area. Help? Don't give me any new ideas, or else I will go wacko!(Shelly)

Posted by Ray
Portland, Oregon, USA
1358 posts

hi, can you split your time between the 2 hotels? just a thought. happy trails.

Posted by pat
victoria, Canada
7828 posts

shelly did you read the reviews on tripadvisor.com.. or just google "reviews hotel blah blah" that's what I always do.
Personally I would stay at cheaper one, I like the location and I would rather spend extra cash on sightseeing and eating! Anyways check out reviews,, read more then a few to get the concensus.. ( in other words if there is one bad review out of 15 then disregard the bad one and vice versus)

Posted by Shelly
Phila
5 posts

Thanks, I did actually think of splitting my 4 days, and I definitely have read tons of reviews. I'm leaning toward the Du Lys in the Latin Quarter, cheaper and I love the location. Any more advice, keep them coming.

Posted by Ray
Portland, Oregon, USA
1358 posts

hi again, if you can split your time, you will have the opportunity to live/experience 2 areas of Paris. i know they do that in Hawaii if its the same chain. happy trails.