Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel in Paris? The Hotel Muguet is full for the dates we are going to be there which is Oct 12-15/07 - 3 nights. We are interested in the Hotel Eugenie in the Latin quarter but don't get a reply when we e-mail. We are looking for mid price accommodation.

Posted by
31 posts

If you would like to still stay in the Rue Cler area, try the Hotel Royal Phare (www.hotel-royalphare-paris.com)
I'm staying there in Sept. They were so very helpful and responsive, and the location is great. I also liked that they have refrigerators in the rooms for picnic stuff, etc.

Virginia

Posted by
32202 posts

Francine, I stayed at the Grand Hotel Levesque in the Rue Cler area of Paris. It's a 2 or 3 star Hotel, and while not luxurious it was very comfortable and the staff were great.

You might check Rick's Guidebooks for Hotel listings in several different areas of Paris. I prefer the Rue Cler section, but I've spoken with others that had good experiences in the Latin Quarter and other areas. I really like the atmosphere of Rue Cler, and it's within easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and Metro stops.

Happy travels!!!

Posted by
124 posts

Try booking the hotel Eugenie online - I put in an online booking request for those dates and it looks like there are rooms available. If you don't want to give your credit card number online, just telephone them, remembering the time difference, which I think is 8 hours ahead of you in Edmonton.

Almost all hotel people speak English, especially enough to book a hotel room. It helps if you know some French, lke numbers and months, but they will understand your English. You can always ask for confirmation by email.

Posted by
15 posts

You might be interested in checking out the website www.jeudeclefs.com which has five properties in Paris. They have a handy little calendar on the website that lets you view room availability. Our family of six recently stayed three nights in the loft in the Marais neighborhood and it was the perfect place for us. Having a kitchen and washing machine available was very nice and it was great to be right in a real Parisian neighborhood. There was not a view out of our window, other than a roof top, but we were so tired when we arrived back at the loft at the end of the day that we didn't care.

Posted by
149 posts

Hi Francine, I agree with Jim. The Hotel Grand Ecoles is a nice place to stay. The Place de la Contrescarpe and Rue Mouffetard are just out the door and are lively with many restaurants. The hotel has a large garden courtyard with tables and chairs; a great place to open the bottle of wine you bought earlier in the day and meet the other travelers staying at the hotel. The hotel does not have air-conditioning (unless they have added it recently). Last time I stayed (July), Paris was hot, but that should be no problem in October. The hotel has an elevator. Charlie Robinson, Lodi, California