Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

I've narrowed down my choice of hotel to two. Will you help me decide. Le Tourville or Eiffel Siene???? Help!!! Linda

Posted by
23 posts

Hi Linda!

Stayed at Le Tourville in September 2007 for 4 nights. Staff is friendly & helpful (they speak English but appreciate a Bonjour, Bonsoir, Merci-Beaucoup, etc....) - they made our dinner reservations for us each night. We gave the man at the front desk a list of three places each afternoon where we wanted to eat (including our first choice) he nodded his approval at each of our choices and he got us the 8:30-9:00 pm sitting we asked for at each of our top choices. Needless to say, the dining experience was wonderful!

We had quite possibly the smallest hotel room in Paris! Probably because it was a last minute trip and it was during the Rugby WC But we made friends with another couple who were staying at Le Tourville (while doing laundry at the laundromat around the corner, LOL!), saw their room and it was large. Our room was clean, the bathroom was functional, windows kept out street noise, etc.

It's a block from Rue Cler, 2 minute walk to Ecole Militaire Metro (easy to get to hotel using RER/Metro from CDG/Gare du Nord), around the corner from the cafe La Terrase, and there is a handy self-service laundromat just around the corner (maybe 50 yards from the hotel's front door). There's a post office on the corner of Rue Cler and Ave La Motte Picquet, a stationary store accross the street and a handy grocery store next to the Metro stop. 10 minute walk to Invalides, 5 minute walk to Champs du Mars so the "lightshow" on the Eiffel Tower is easily accessible right before bedtime (a nice way to end any evening).

It's a nice location, but I'd stayed in the 7th before, so I knew what to expect. If I stayed in the 7th again, I'd probably stay there, but I think I want to stay on Isle St. Louis or in the Marais next time, probably will get an apartment. I don't really know the neighborhood around Eiffel Seine, but I would prefer staying near Ecole Militaire if I was going to stay in the 7th...........

Happy Travels

Posted by
9434 posts

Jeff, we love Ile Saint Louis...our favorite neighborhood in all of Paris. Hotel de Lutece...the best!

Posted by
12 posts

Thanks to all who replied to my question.
Steve, we took your advise and are staying at the Hotel du Champ de Mars.

Hope the weather isn't getting too cold in Paris. We will be there in two weeks!
Thanks, again. Linda