Please sign in to post.

Paris hotels

I am trying to decide on accommodation in Paris. We are travelling in July and am aware that we need a place with air conditioning and I am not sure if we should stay in the 6th or 7th arrondissements. I want an area that is central, reasonably quiet at night and clean that will give us a true Paris experience but close to sights. I am thinking of staying either in Hotel La Bourdonnais in the 7th or Hotel Bonaparte in the 6th. Everything is so expensive. Any recommendations of cheaper hotels or preference of area would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
731 posts

The 4th, 5th and 6th arrondissements seem to be the popular choice for location. The 7th is close to the Eiffel Tower, but not too many other sites. Have you considered an apartment? Depending on how many nights you're staying, apartments can be more economical. Check out www.vacationinparis.com.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hotel Diana , its in the 5th, on a quiet street but only block o r so away from areas bustling with cafes and shops,, only 2 blocks to Seine, 5-10 minute walk from RER station St Michel that brings you in from airport, and major bus /metro hub. Rooms are clean, cheap, have good a/c .

Posted by
39 posts

Having just returned from 7 nights in Paris... I highly recommend the Holiday Inn - Notre Dame. We were able to book a great deal here through a travel website. Check out the reviews on trip advisor. If you PM me I can send you a couple of pictures I took of the room and the street the room is on. It was about half a block (or less) from the metro station (we took the train directly from the airport, with our luggage), about 5 minute walk to Notre Dame, And about 15 minute walk from the Louvre & Luxembourg Gardens. Also they have a roof top terrace with great views of the City!