Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel?

Hi, I'm looking at staying a 3 nights in Paris before making my way to Rome.
I'm travelling on my own and was wondering any suggestions on area/hotel/bb to stay at. Thanx :)

Posted by
32209 posts

Simona, I'd suggest having a look at the France or Paris Guidebooks, as they contain listings for lots of good Hotels in various parts of the city, and in different price ranges. The Rue Cler area is popular with many here (including me) and you might have a look at the Grand Hotel Leveque for one possibility. It's not luxurious but very comfortable and in a good location, close to the Eiffel Tower and other sights. The nearest Metro stop is Ecole Militaire. Happy travels!

Posted by
248 posts

Opinions vary, but you generally can't go wrong in the 4th, 5th, or 6th arrondissements - they're all very central, great neighborhoods, great shopping/restos, and you can walk to most sights. Couple of hotels off the top of the head: Hotel de Lutece on the Ile St. Louis (you can't get more central), Hotels Jeanne d'Arc, Castex, and Lyon-Mulhouse - all in the Marais (4th).

Posted by
1068 posts

Check out l'Hotel Hameau, at 48 rue de Passy. Rooms start at 53 Euros for a single, and it is a terrific little hotel. Very clean, very cute, very friendly, very safe, in a delightful neighborhood. I would feel totally comfortable staying here alone, and would feel absolutely safe in the neighborhood, as well. Hotel website is here http://www.paris-hotel-hameaudepassy.com/ My husband and I stay at l'Hotel Hameau every time we go to Paris (about twice a year). While not "central" as in right-down-by-the-Louvre, the Passy neighborhood is a 5 minute walk from Trocadero and the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is between two Metro stops, and easily reached by bus, as well. The neighborhood is charming, the hotel staff is great, and you are a few stops on the #72 bus from all of the major tourist attractions. I can't recommend this hotel more highly - we just love it here. But do know that this is NOT an "American-style" hotel. It caters mainly to European business travelers and tourists. That's one reason we like it so much. And bonus - they've just re-done the bathrooms!