Please sign in to post.

paris hotel?

Recommendations for a nice hotel in Paris. Not 4 star, but nice, doesn't need to be cheap, but worth the money. Want a taste of the city, and the culture!

Posted by
32202 posts

Vito, Do you have a preference for which area of Paris you stay in? In the Rue Cler area, my suggestion would be This Hotel. It's a beautiful Hotel with views of the Eiffel Tower from some rooms, the staff are wonderful and it's easily accessible to the Metro. The breakfasts were excellent! The pictures on the website are especially interesting for me, as I was there when the Photographer took them! Another Hotel you could consider in the same area is This Hotel. As the others have mentioned, there are numerous suggestions in the Guidebook, with Hotels located in various parts of Paris. Happy travels!

Posted by
32740 posts

Have you read Rick's suggestions in the RS Paris 2011 book? Which caught your eye?

Posted by
9420 posts

We really like Hotel de Lutece on Ile Saint Louis, my favorite neighborhood in Paris. There's also Hotel des Deux Iles and Hotel Saint Louis, both good, on Ile Saint Louis.

Posted by
1825 posts

If you just want some random recommendations from strangers I would look at Google Maps. Set the map to whatever area you are interested in and then type "hotel" and whatever adjective applies to the type of place you are looking for such as "boutique". You will have a lot of choices with reviews, websites and prices. If you can book far enough in advance I would check the RS guide. I would also use RS for restaurants and sights.

Posted by
358 posts

I booked a paris hotel for oct with hotels.com and a 4 star hotel Villa Beaumarchais had a price of 124$. Hotel is near the 4th and close to the Picasso museum. I tried to get a room at Le Meridian Etiole or The Warwick which was over 300$.

Posted by
6501 posts

We stayed several years ago at the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles (www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com) on rue Cardinal Lemoine near the Place du Contrescarpe (5th arrondissement) quiet, pleasant, comfortable, well-located, neither the cheapest nor the priciest, recommended in the RS guidebook. Instead of the hotel breakfast we ate each morning at the nearby Cafe Descartes. Two metro stops within a couple of blocks, the rue Mouffetard market nearby. There are many other good places, no doubt, in the RS guide and as recommended by others here!

Posted by
2023 posts

Agree with Dick-we love Hotel des Grandes Ecoles. Have stayed there six times and love the location, the gated garden (great for chatting with other guests), and the quietness at night-even though it is in the lively Latin Quarter. Many restaurants nearby.

Posted by
1823 posts

I agree with Ken's recommendation of the Duquesne Eiffel. I was there in May and it is beautiful and the view from some of the rooms of the Eiffel Tower is stunning. Very comfy beds, pillows and linens; very helpful staff.

Posted by
34 posts

Hotel de Grande Ecoles was the nicest place I have ever stayed...has a wonderful garden with seating that you can enjoy in the evening after sightseeing...buy a bottle of wine, some cheeses and bask in the Paris wonderfulness! I saw one bad review and couldn't believe I was at the same place they were...it was fabulous!

Posted by
2364 posts

I would not worry about one bad review. I have looked at trip advisor for some restaurants and swear they are not talking about the places we used. Oh well, we are all different. If you have several good reviews from this site, go with it.

Posted by
1068 posts

I recommend l'Hotel Hameau, at 48 Rue de Passy. Website: http://www.hameaudepassy.com/ This is a two star hotel, and we rarely run into Americans here. The guests are mostly from Europe and Asia. The price is very right. The staff is lovely and helpful. The hotel is cute and spotlessly clean. (Check the pictures on the website - they are accurate. Rooms are smallish but nice, and recently, they've been updating the bathrooms. Never mind the silly faux fur bedspreads!) It's located off the street on a littlle courtyard, so there's no street noise. If you score a ground floor room, you can eat at one of the little tables - delightfully cool and relaxing. You're a five minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero, and 2 minutes from two Metro stops, but this bit of the 16th doesn't feel like tourist Paris. It feels like a friendly local neighborhood, which is what it is! We always stay here. We tried another place once, and after the first night, we hightailed it to l'Hotel Hameau, and they found a room for us.

Posted by
1010 posts

We have stayed at the Hotel Le Littre, twice in the past two years. Last year we got a room with a balcony and a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. It was weird aqs you haqd to climb up through the window frame to get out of the balcony. It was really a great view at night with all the lights. You have to book the hotel room directly with the hotel to get that room. It is in the 6th Arron. I think I remember. We only ate breakfast there once and we didn't like the cost for what was offered. The hotel is in a gret location and close to the Metro or the Hop-on- Hop-Off bus stop.

Posted by
2 posts

You can find many hotels in Paris easily with the facilities you want. There are many hotels which are affordable and they are full of comfort and services also. You can find them on the net and can book anyone according to your budget.

Posted by
46 posts

Vito There are so many great and not so great hotels in Paris. My husband and I have made many trips to Europe and have stayed in everything from a -star to a 5star. You may want to try www.accorhotels.com/ibis. They have several hotels in different parts of Paris. They are mostly for business travelers. The prices are around 100 euros, plus breakfast. The hotels are fairly new and always clean.
Jana

Posted by
69 posts

Hi Vito,
Not sure if you travelled already but for our trips to Paris, we always stay in Hotel Muguet (I advice checking Trip Advisor for reviews to have a better perspective and not just from my experiences). It is located near 2 Metro stops and in the 6th arron you have plenty of restaurant choices, open markets as well as groceries for food options. It is a quiet location and we felt safe coming home at night.

Posted by
2768 posts

I don't have a ton of recommendations, but last time I stayed at Hotel de l'Empereur. It's in the 7th, fairly near the Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler, and the Invalides Metro. If that location is of interest, I'd definitely recommend the hotel. It's a very nice area. Next time I might try to stay closer to Notre Dame and/or Luxembourg Gardens, but if not I'd go back to this hotel easily.

Posted by
2768 posts

I don't have a ton of recommendations, but last time I stayed at Hotel de l'Empereur. It's in the 7th, fairly near the Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler, and the Invalides Metro. If that location is of interest, I'd definitely recommend the hotel. It's a very nice area. Next time I might try to stay closer to Notre Dame and/or Luxembourg Gardens, but if not I'd go back to this hotel easily.

Posted by
4 posts

My wife and I like the Monte Carlo Hotel in the 9th. It has a few grocery stores near by and three metro lines near by (lines 7, 8, 9, and 12). 8 & 9 at the Grands Boulevards station we have found the most convenient lines for the places we like to go. http://www.hotelmontecarlo.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57%3Amap-home&catid=35%3Acontenusstatiques&lang=en Even during the summer, a double with bath is as cheap as 105 euros a night. Smallish rooms (for us, we bring a lot of luggage), but nice staff and convenient location with shopping arcades near by.

Posted by
2364 posts

Hey everyone, this original post is year old, am sure Vito has already returned from his trip.

Posted by
11 posts

So, Vito! Where did you stay? Still enjoy what everyone is writing!

Posted by
501 posts

You might want to consider Hotel Clarion Saint-James& Albany, 202, Rue De Rivoli; metro stop directly across street, Louvre is within 3 USA city blocks, Angelina's close by, Tuilleries garden directly across street. Look at its location and see what else it has to offer. You will not get Rue Cler feel, but you'll manage.

Posted by
501 posts

You might want to consider Hotel Clarion Saint-James& Albany, 202, Rue De Rivoli; metro stop directly across street, Louvre is within 3 USA city blocks, Angelina's close by, Tuilleries garden directly across street. Look at its location and see what else it has to offer. You will not get Rue Cler feel, but you'll manage. If you are celebrating a special occasion, lunch or dinner at Hotel Meurice would impress.