Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment in Paris in either the Latin Quarter or St. Germain area? I would like to pay $200USD or less per night. This is for April of 2011...just my husband and myself. Thank you!

Posted by
41 posts

I can't speak to hotels in those areas, but was just in an apartment for a week and loved the flexibility and space. Many hotel rooms in Paris are quite small, particularly in desirable areas. Have you looked at any of the online apartment rental agencies for Paris? They allow you to identify the arrondissement you want as well as a maximum price per night/week. Just a few of these are: vacationinparis.com, paristays.com, and parisattitude.com. There are others as well, including VRBO.com.

Posted by
9422 posts

Here's a list of hotels I recommend: My favorite: Hotel de Lutece on Ile Saint Louis (the island behind Notre Dame) Hotel des Deux Iles on Ile Saint Louis Hotel des Grandes Ecoles (Latin Quarter/5th arrondissement) Hotel Saint Jacques (5th) Hotel du Pantheon (5th) Hotel Madison (Saint Germain/6th arrondissement) Hotel de L'Avre (15th arrondissement, near the Eiffel Tower) I've also rented two apartments and enjoyed that as well. You'll find a long list of Paris apt rental agencies at: Parisnotes.com I hope you have a great time in Paris (my favorite place)!

Posted by
10241 posts

I rented an apartment in the Latin Quarter, which I will probably be returning to next October. It is $1600USD per week. How long do you plan to stay there? It is a one bedroom apartment with a view of Notre Dame and Monmartre. I loved staying there. If you would like more information about the apartment feel free to PM me.

Posted by
250 posts

I second Susan's recommendation for Hotel de Lutece. Also - my wife and I rented a studio from VRBO last February which we liked. It was on rue Servandoni between St. Sulpice and Luxembourg in the 6th arr. Great location and about $95 per night.

Posted by
403 posts

Lori: Susan's list was excellent, and if you are set on staying in the Left Bank, you are set. If you are open to other areas, you might consider the Marais on the Right Bank which some (including me) prefer to the Latin Quarter. If you would like to check out a hotel website that gives a good description of my favorite hotel in this area (as well as good maps of the location), go to
http://castexhotelparis.com/

Posted by
98 posts

While I truly appreciate the hotel suggestions so far, when I check the prices they are quite a bit more than $200 USD per night. Can anyone give me a suggestion for a hotel in these areas that I can book for no more than $200 per night? Thank you to all who replied!!

Posted by
206 posts

We (family of four) stayed at Hotel du Lys in summer 2007. The location is great, and the rooms were fine. Definitely has character; the building is very old. Minimal breakfast, but I found the individual trays fun. Latin Quarter very close to Saint Michel metro. http://www.hoteldulys.com/ Summer 2009 we stayed at Hotel La Louisiane in Saint Germain area. Our room was fine, very busy area (lots of restaurants and night life), but close to Louvre, Notre Dame, etc. We were there in August, and breakfast was not available then, so I can't comment on that. http://www.hotel-lalouisiane.com/ I think these are both in your price range.

Posted by
22 posts

Have a look at Hotel Diana, right across the street from La Sorbonne on Rue St. Jacques in the 5th. We found the location perfect.

Posted by
2788 posts

Do you have RS Paris Guide Book yet? It has lots of suggestions for under $200.

Posted by
403 posts

I just checked the Hotel Castex, and even in June the rates were about 130 Euros per night...April would be less...also if you plan a stay of several days, they are willing to negotiate by email. Again, they are located on the Right Bank, not the Left...but in a delightful and lively neighborhood you might consider.

Posted by
9422 posts

I paid less than $200 at all the hotels I listed - sorry if their prices have gone up.

Posted by
9422 posts

I just checked Hotel du Pantheon, Hotel des Grandes Ecoles and
Hotel Saint Jacques and all are under $200. And often times when you email them, the price is lower than what they say on their website.

Posted by
9422 posts

James - you just wrote a rude post to me on another thread and now this rude post to Andrea.... Is this what you enjoy doing? Definitely something wrong with you.

Posted by
296 posts

Aren't James and Susan kind of like neighbors?