Please sign in to post.

paris hotel

Anybody stay at Hotel Bonaparte on rue Bonaparte, which is near St. Suplice Church? It is 130 euros a night. Is this considered the Latin Quarter?
Our other options are the Hotel Cluny Sorbonne near the Pantheon and Rue Mouffetard,101 euros; or the Hotel des 3 Colleges, in the same area, 114 euros. We thought the Bonaparte area may be quieter for sleeping. We are poor sleepers Thoughts?

Posted by
10 posts

In the same area very near the Pantheon, we have stayed twice recently at Le Petite Paris. It is truly a gem in a fantastic location, although a bit more expensive than the others on your list. My niece was at the Hotel des 3 colleges this summer and thought it was fine.

Posted by
10215 posts

The Hotel Bonaparte looks to be in the 6h arrondissement, which is next to the Latin Quarter (5th). The 6th is a great area. The other hotels you mention are in the Latin Quarter. I have rented 2 apartments in the 5th. One was located on a small street and faced an interior courtyard. It was quiet. The other was on a very busy pedestrian street and was above a restaurant. Not so quiet. Check out the locations on Google Earth and see how it looks.

Posted by
1976 posts

I just stayed at the Hotel Cluny Sorbonne 10 days ago and had a room on the courtyard. There was almost no noise from the courtyard. However, the walls are thin and we did hear our neighbors talking and watching TV. I'm a very light sleeper and I wore earplugs every night and wasn't bothered by noise at all. If you decide on the Cluny, make it very clear you want a courtyard room, since the street is noisy.

Posted by
179 posts

Thanks to everyone. We decided to stay at the Hotel Bonaparte.