Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel

I am planning a trip to Paris and would like recommendations for hotels in the Rue Cler area. I do not want to spend over $200 a night if possible.
I am going next September and the hotels are already filling up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by
32206 posts

Bonnie,

It would be a really good idea to pack along at least the Pocket Paris Guidebook, and there are lots of good hotels listed there, including prices and website information.

I usually prefer the Rue Cler area, and some of the hotels you could look at:

• Hotel Duquesne Eiffel (very comfortable, in a good area but may be a bit over your budget)
  • Hotel Muguet (very central, comfortable and elegant)
  • Hotel du Champ de Mars (very good location, only a few steps off Rue Cler; prices look like they'll fit your budget)
  • Hotel du Cadran (right across the street from du Champ de Mars; a bit more upscale and pricey but I'm sure you would be very comfortable there; they have a "chocolate bar" in the lobby that won't be good for your waistline!)
  • Grand Hotel Leveque (right on Rue Cler; more of a "budget choice" but the rooms are comfortable, albeit more basic; breakfast is extra; I've stayed there a number of times, and was there in July and had no problems at all)

The Trip Advisor ratings on each hotel will provide you with some example of what you can expect.

Bon Voyage!

Posted by
1976 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Londres Eiffel which is only a few blocks from Rue Cler. But it costs about 200 euros per night for a room for 2 people.

Posted by
166 posts

Bonnie,

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Champ Du Mars in 2010 and reallyed enjoyed the hotel, owners, lcoation etc. about a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and Metro. Unfortunately, I just read my favorite Italian restuarant La Taverna right down the street just closed. However great food in Paris should never be a problem

http://www.hotelduchampdemars.com/index.php?lang=en

Have a good time